Starting off for me is always the easy part. Every new activity is fun and motivational which makes me get through it easily. After the first week or so I start to fall back into my same old habits of skipping out on exercising and choosing to sleep in rather than get up and do what I need to.
This is the first day of many past "first days" in my hope to lose this weight. Some of the weight I put on subconsciously especially at the beginning, but looking back I realize I consciously put most of it on. Unfortunately this is what has put me in the situation I am in today. I am 21 years old and am very uncomfortable in my body. Sometimes this effects my husband and my marriage simply because he thinks I am beautiful but I think otherwise. I am starting a new approach this time however, and I think it may be a turning point for me. Normally I do crazy crash diets such as (HCG) or diet pills. I know this is unhealthy but I always tell myself that if I could get the weight off I could keep it off simply because I have wanted this for so long. Who knows if this would actually happen. I am not going to the gym every day at 7 or trying to find a workout partner to motivate me. Instead I signed up through my college for a few fitness classes. Since this is my last semester of college I have decided to take fitness classes along with my one class I take for my degree. I am hoping having to only focus on one class will allow me to put my work outs first. On Monday and Wednesday I am taking water aquatics from 8:45-9:45AM and a meditation yoga class from 4-5PM. Then on Tuesdays and Thursdays I take kick boxing from 6-7AM and a spinning class from 10:10-11. Today was my first day of classes and I pushed myself good for the first day. My kickboxing class was uplifting and very fun. The only thing I did not like is that there is quite a few people who have taken the class before and are a lot more experienced than I am. I do not like "sucking" at any activity so that will be my biggest hurdle. My spinning class was INTENSE! This is the first spinning class I have ever taken so it was very new to me. The seat hurt my butt really bad! we did intense stuff on the first day which was uplifting and nice. She let us out early which was good because I am not in really good shape so those few extra minutes will help me with my soreness tomorrow. I am very excited for my aquatics class because I was in water polo during high school so I will love the feeling of getting back in the water. Well, this is all for today. I am hoping writing this down will help me keep motivated and allow me to visualize the mistakes I am making or hopefully not making.
No comments:
Post a Comment